Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 9: Favourite movies

...I'll never get sick of watching.

Tbh, I don't think there's even one movie that I'll never get sick of if I've watched it enough times. But, there are a few movies that I watch regularly, or don't mind watching again every couple of years.

First in line has got to be Harry Potter. All of them. We have the DVD set, and every year or 2, we work through them. Just like I read the books every year or so again.

I also love Dirty Dancing. Not so much the story anymore, or the characters, like when I was a teenager (giving my age away here, hahahaha). But the music and dancing. It just gets to me every time.

Notting Hill. What's not to like? Great actors, great characters, romance, comedy, princess-fairy-tale, everything a girl (usually) likes. I certainly do!

Men in Black. I'm not an action movie type of person. Not at all. Anything above a 13 is usually just too much for me. But I really do love a good scifi comedy action movie. Not the "Battleship" type - one long drawn out action scene with barely any story, and way too many impossible, unrealistic stunts. But Men in Black, gosh man, I love those.

Independance Day. Same as above. When he drags that alien behind him...hahahahaha. Love his monologue!

Top Gun. Tom Cruise, uniforms, motorcycle, good music, action, heart ache, romance, fighter jet planes. Great balls of fire!!

Pretty Woman. Aijaijai, Richard Gere saving the girl. Doesn't get better than that!

Junior. I know, I know. What can I say? I have a soft spot for old Arnie, and babies, and Emma Thompson.

Meet Joe Black. Brad Pitt. Enough said.

Much Ado About Nothing. Emma Thompson and Robert Sean Leonard. Best of the Shakespear bunch for me!!

The truman show. Don't know why. I love reality tv, maybe that's why?

Wall-E. One of the very few animated movies I won't mind watching again and again.

Love Actually. Colin Frith.

Bridget Jones. Again...Colin Frith.

Groundhog Day. No idea why. I just like it. :-)

I'm sure I'm missing loads more, but there you go. Enough for today. Happy Women's Day for all the female South African residents!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Meet Joe Black!! :-)

    ReplyDelete