Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 4: What are you afraid of

Hmmm, today's challenge is an easy one. I'll list my fears, and will try to limit it to 10. Yeah yeah, I'm a scaredy cat, I know!

I'm afraid of:
1. Loosing a loved one. (Aren't we all?)
2. Leaving my children motherless.
3. One of my children being kidnapped.
4. Spiders. Any and all, but especially poisonous ones. I don't kill all daddy long legs for example, because I don't fear them that much. But if a button spider or sac spider comes near me, I kill it.
5. Snakes.
6. Heights. Driving through a mountain pass is the absolute worst.
7. Speed. Especially speeding cars.
8. Lightning. (It might sound strange to someone not living in SA, or here on the highlands. But the lightning storms here is exceptionally bad. Numerous people are killed every summer where I live.
9. World War III. Not a big fear, just a small worry when reading the newspapers sometimes.
10. Civil war in my country. This isn't a conscious fear, it's more of a mild concern.
11. My daughters (and sons) getting raped in this "rape capital of the world" we live in.
12. My children or husband being attacked, killed, robbed, hurt, murdered, hi-jacked, kidnapped, etc. in this crime ridden country of ours.
13. One of my children going "off the rails" onto a path of drugs or something similar that would destroy their future.
14. My husband not growing old with me (or me with him!).

And lastly, but not the least, one fear today specifically:
15. That Monkeyman's echo won't show improvement on his pulmonary pressures tomorrow, or that the dr is wrong about the cause of his PH.

OK, that was more than 10. I said I'm a scaredy cat, didn't I. ;-) I have to add, it's not as if I sit all day and stress about the above mentioned fears. I'm not a negative person, usually. Quite the opposite, I'm "the glass is half-full" type of person. Unfortunately, I'm also a realist and very logical, and quite statistical. And all of above is possibilities, however remote, chances are there so it scares me. But I'm also a Christian, so I believe whatever is put on our road, we will handle with the help of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment