Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 28: Old photo of me

Yeah, bit of a difficult one! Digital cameras wasn't exactly available when I was young (giving away my age here!!). So, this is a photo of a printed photo. It was taken by my mom. She made my matric farewell dress (like USA's prom, but only for those in their last school year). It was perfect. I felt like Cindarella for the day.

The reason though why I'm choosing this pic, is because someone wanted to know more about the reconstructive facial surgery I had. Here, you can easily see why I needed/wanted it, and what has been done (sorry it's not a close up of the face). On this first photo, I have braces (and 4 teeth had to be pulled before they started. The surgery was done about a year after this photo was taken. I'll add the first photo I've put on when this blog challenge started (in the introduction), to compare how I look now to then. It's clear what the surgery did for me.

So here goes. An old photo of me, taken more than 2 decades  ago:

Me, age 18, before my reconstructive surgery
 
Me, 20 years later, with baby Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment