Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 2: 20 Facts about me

I'm (very) late with this post and it's only the 2nd day of the challenge! I've had a very hectic day.

And geez, this is hard. It would've been easier giving 20 facts about each of the 4 kids, than about me. Hmmm, let's see...

1. I'm a Christian.
2. My favourite books are: all books by Anne McCaffrey, Earth Children series and Harry Potter series. I read these on a yearly basis.
3. I love computer games. My all time favourites are Tex Murphy (a new one's coming out end 2013 - whoohoo!!!!!!), Sims 2 (sims 3 just never felt as good), Rise of Nations, Age of Empires 2, Warcraft 2 and Might and Magic.
4. I'm the youngest of 4 siblings.
5. I've always, since I was a tiny little girl, wanted 5 children - 3 girls and 2 boys.
6. I had an exceptionally good relationship with my mother.
7. I've written (not published) a manuscript.
8. I suck(ed) at sport. Always have. Always will.
9. I'm not competitive at all, and find it mildly amusing to see how competitive other people are/get.
10. I seriously considered studying astronomy after school, but the opportunities in those years were very limited in my country. I also contemplated a medical degree, but some other factors prevented this from happening.
11. I'd rather eat a pack of crisps, than a slice of cake. Though I do love tarts.
12. I can play (a little) piano and guitar, though I'm not really musical and can't sing a note in tune!
13. I've never qualified to donate blood (being underweight disqualifies you).
14. I don't drink alcohol. Nothing against it. Just don't feel the need.
15. I've never smoked/took any illegal substance, and won't ever. Way too much of a control freak.
16. I faint fairly regularly.
17. I'm allergic to most flowers.
18. I've had reconstructive facial surgery.
19. I've been married for 15 years, and hope for another 40!
20. I had a very very happy childhood. I'm hoping to give my children the same.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting way to learn about you! why did you have reconstructive surgery on your face?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that you ask about that one, out of the 20, LOL. I had a very prominent and enlarged upper jaw. They did what they could with braces, and had to fix the rest with surgery. They cut my upperjaw smaller (above the gums of the front teeth), and shaved the lower jaw smaller at the joints. I have a couple of screws in my cheeks. Was intensive and painful, but worth every minute of the months of recovery.

      Delete