Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 20 – My biggest accomplishment

Well, firstly the corny answer, again, would be my children. Each one individually. Being able to carry them to term, especially the first two when no one thought they'd make it. Raising them to be the wonderful little human beings they are today. And advocating for my daughter when she needed me to.

So, if I'm not corny, what would my biggest accomplishment be?

I think I'd say my 2 degrees, and getting them cum laude. I didn't do well in my first term in univarcity. I was lonely, scared, lost-in-the-city. The world was suddenly such a very, very different place, and not one I liked very much. But, then I started to get the hang of it. I made friends, I started to "belong" to a similar like-minded group, I got to know the work-pace, the lecturers and life in a hostel. I started to find the work very interesting and loved learning. Still hated exams, LOL. So in the end, I was able to drag my marks up and finished my degree with marks I could be proud of. I wasn't ready to stop learning yet, so I got some bursaries, a temporary job and paid my own way through my honors degree, also finishing it with a good final mark. I still think of my uni days with fondness and longing. I met my husband there, which turned out to be the best thing ever from my 4 years there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment