Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 6: What makes me happy?

Gosh, it's late in the day again for this post. It's a bit of a hectic time for me. I have a whole update to do on Monkeyman's visit to the ENT today, but I'll leave that for tomorrow when my mind isn't mush. :-)

So, back to today's challenge. What makes me happy? Can I be corny again, and say my children and husband? First and foremost. Without them, I'll be the saddest, loneliest person. Not even a shell of who I am or can be. They make me smile, they fill my heart and they're the cause of my laughter. Today, I mentioned something Mr N said in his sleep, and it brought forth peels of laughter from him and Boeboe, and it made me smile in happiness. Peanut took both her hands today, used them to turn my head to her face as she was standing on my lap, and planted a very soppy kiss on my lips. In front of the whole reception room full of people. That made me happy! And when Monkeyman greeted me at the gate of his school today, smiling happily because I was there. That made me happy. :-)

I can go on and on, but that's what makes my day. That's why I was able to stand strong the past 3 stressful months. Because the happiness they bring to my heart. And in the afternoon, when I had a hard day, I can just lean against my husband when he gets home, and I'll always feel safe and happy in his arms. As long as I have these 5 people in my life, I'll be happy and sound. :-)

But okay, that wasn't the question really. So what, apart from my family, makes me happy?
  • The sea. Waenhuiskrans in specific.
  • Seeing other small children and babies. They always makes me smile. 
  • Good music.
  • Seeing good friends.
  • Getting gifts (shallow, I know!).
  • Buying something I really wanted.
  • Having a pamper from the kids (foot or head massage or something similar).
  • Watching a good show on tv.
  • Going to the movies.
  • Playing board or card games with my little family.
  • Getting my baby to sleep (yes, bad mother I know, but it makes me happy, or maybe more relieved, when she falls asleep).
  • Having a relaxing weekend with my little family.
  • Playing a good computer or iPad game.
  • Reading a good book.
  • My house. Even after living here for more than a decade, it still makes me happy.
  • The sun. When I'm down, all I need to do is go and sit in the sun for a while.
  • Food. Yes, I may not look like it, but I really do love food, and alot of it is the "wrong" kind of food. Oops.
  • Coffee. Nothing beats a good cup of coffee after running around all morning.
  • Technology. I just love all the new things on the market - iPad, smartphones, PVR's, etc.
  • Christmas. Best time of the year for me!
  • Spoiling my children or husband. Even if it's just with a nice pudding or good meal.
I'm pretty sure I can list another 20 things, but since it's almost midnight, I'll stop now. Clearly, I'm easy to please...hahahaha. Not that I'm the typical woman hey? Diamonds, shoes, shopping, new make up or weekends away isn't what makes me happy. Poor hubby, it must be confusing when your wife doesn't fit the mould. No wonder he struggles with birthday gifts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment