Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 30: Lessons learned

I'm sorry, I didn't have time (or made the time) to do this last blog challenge on day 30. So yes, it's the 31st already. Tomorrow, in our country, is the first day of Spring. The children are exceptionally looking forward to it. Clearly, they're tired of winter and being cold and wearing 4 layers over each other. Always putting on socks and shoes, and Boeboe can't wait to wear frilly dresses and skirts again. I'm also looking forward seeing little Peanut in dresses again, especially now that she's walking. Aaawwww. This is why I wanted another little girl. Or at least, one of the reasons. :-)

So about the challenge. I guess the "lessons learned" they talk about, is during the past month, after doing the whole challenge? Well, I learned that it's not impossible to post on the blog (almost) every day! I used to (and will probably continue) to only post once a week or so. I also learned that it's not entirely as bad as I thought, to be talking about myself on here. I can easily relate my feelings, or talk for hours about my children. But listing my "good" points or putting up photo's of myself, or admitting that I have a mole on my cheek for example, those things was very difficult for me. But, I learned that it's do-able, and can serve a purpose. It's good to share. I used to think it's good for the one that shares, to share. It gives them an opportunity to work through some feelings and situations. But, I've now learned (due to other things happening as well), that sharing isn't only about the one that shares. It's also about the one with whom it was shared. The recipient is given the chance to get to know the sharer. The recipient is also given the opportunity to learn, grow, commisserate or understand. The recipient may feel valued, appreciated and important to someone. If we don't share, we take that opportunity away from the recipient.

So I've learned that I should not be so selective with what I want to share (like only discussing the kids, etc.). I have also noticed by reading a number of blogs this month, that I tend to be all doom and gloom. Which is so not me in real life. I think by sharing my worries and negative feelings, I'm able to let them go. Which gives me the opportunity to be the optimistic, happy person that I really am. While other people (with whom I shared), is left with the doom and negativity. Either taking it on, making them feel negative, or by seeing me as an eternally unhappy and negative person. I really am a very happy and light person. I don't have a great sense of humor, I won't be as bold as to claim that, LOL. My husband gets that honor. But I do have an innate positivity in me. Which is why I was able to carry on throughout the whole Boeboe-saga. I never took as much strain as my husband. Probably because I could come onto this blog, and dump all those feelings, so that it doesn't weigh me down. I always knew we'd get there, in the end. Where "there" was, and when we'd get there, were unknowns and scary, but I just knew it would be okay in the end. My faith is very strong in these instances.

So ya, I'll take the lessons I've learned this past month (and years) to heart, and see what changes I can make with the new knowledge I have about myself. I'm proud of having completed this challenge. Because it wasn't easy or natural to me. And at points, it was very difficult to take the 10 minutes to do this. Apart from the challenge, this must've been the busiest month I had ALL YEAR! So as you can imagine, it was challenging. But it was good, and I enjoyed it ALOT. I'm certainly going to join in on other challenges again in the future, or create my own. :-) Thanx for sharing this month with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment