Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 23: My most embarrassing moment

OK, I can't believe I'm even posting today's challenge. But here goes.

I've had a number of embarressing moments. But one that still makes me cringe is when I went to the neurologist a couple of years ago. I didn't want to go, I was certain nothing was wrong. But hubby was worried, so I promised him I'll go. It was about skin patches on my hips, stomach, thighs and back that doesn't have feeling anymore. All sensation is lost. I was certain it was due to my 2nd pregnancy, where baby lied from hip to hip. I could feel her pinching my nerves, and permanently damaging it. But ya, it could've just as well been a tumor in my spine, so I went to the neurologist.

Stupidly, I thought of him as a brain doctor, and totally forgot that he'll most likely check the skin out. Well, it's on my upper thighs. And it was winter. And in winter I don't like to shave.

I could've died from embarressment. It was just awful awful awful. My own stupid fault. Never again. The dr itself was obviously not fazed. Very gentlemanly like. And of course, he diagnosed me with exactly what I thought. Nerve damage from pregnancy and nothing to worry about. He did send me for an MRI due to lower back pain, but it was perfectly clear as well.

I still cringe, thinking of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment