Thursday, April 21, 2011

We're home!!!

We were released this morning, yay!!!! I'm so happy to be home. No more hospital food, hospital noises, hospital smells, taking stats, sleeping in lazychairs, driving to and fro, packing clothes and sandwiches, saying goodbye to the boys, and so forth. Thank goodness, it's over now. We've done it. We got through it. I can't believe it took 8 nights in hospital in the end. Wow. Exactly the same time she spent in NICU when she was born. Feels like a lifetime ago. Somehow this week felt longer than that one did.

So Boeboe is doing good. The doctor took the plaster off, and declared her wound is healing very well. They put another plaster on which has to stay on and clean and dry for another 10 days. And then we have to see the doctor again after 6 weeks. The sister first wanted to put a 5cm long transact plaster on. She looked at the wound (probably about 10-12cm long) then at the 5cm long plaster, and said she'll just stuck it over the middle part which still had some of those strips over. They cut from the L-vertebrae down to the bottom S ones, but only S1 and S2 were opened up (and that's where about 3 or 4 strips are plastered on - very bloody underneath, ouch!). Anyway, so she planned on putting this plaster halfway over a healing cut! I freaked out!! She got another nurse to fetch her a longer plaster, but it's a really pathetic piece of plastic. It's already loose on the one side. So I'm going to Dischem tomorrow to buy a proper, neat, good one that can keep another 9 days.

Mr N is ill...:( MIL brought a cold with her, shame, and I guess Mr N got it from her. Monkeyman also sniffed a bit tonight, so I'm praying that he won't get ill, and that Mr N will get healthy soon, but especially that Boeboe won't get it from either boys or MIL. Can you imagine how horrible that will be ontop of her recovery, shame.

I'll never forget Monkeyman's face when he saw me and Boeboe walked into the house this morning. His little face broke into this huge smile, he jumped up and down in joy and then ran into my arms. Ahhhhh.... And then he hugged Boeboe. Tenderly, because I immediately warned him to be careful of the big "eina" on her back. She loved being home. She lied down for quite awhile this morning, drinking lots and eating better than she had in DAYS. I knew once she's home, she would be fine with food and drink again. After a while her headaches seemed better, so she stood up and played a bit with Monkeyman. Though, I think she overdid it a bit, because after a while I could see the pain and exhaustion in her face. I gave her some myprodyl and made her a salad (her favourite). She was so happy to crawl into her own bed tonight. And fell asleep almost immediately, poor thing.

Unfortunately, she had a nr 1 accident in the nappy while playing with Monkeyman tonight. It saddens me. I've been so hopeful, but what if I were wrong and it was just a combination of some things that caused the improvement of symptoms? Things like the fact that she wasn't drinking much, so obviously not producing enough urine, having nothing to do in hospital - no one to play with, being asked regularly to go to the bathroom and her lying down, not walking around, so less pressure on the bladder? Urgh, I don't know. I'm just worried tonight, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow. 3 Accidents in 5 days is still good. Still an improvement. I'll still take any improvement I can get!

Tomorrow is Easter Friday. And with a nice coincidence, there's a few public holidays falling together next week. So schools have closed and my hubby took a few days leave. So we're all on holiday at home for the next 11 days. I'm so happy about it. We all need to relax and rest a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment