Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 6

Part of the furniture. That's what we're becoming, LOL. Still mostly all alone in the 5-bed ward. Massive private room for normal room tarrifs, hahahaha.

Dr was here this morning, and we're not being released...:(  He says that during the operation they tap some of the spinal fluid (CSF). This is now causing her headaches. He wants to keep an eye on her for another few days in the hospital, until the headaches improve. I guess the brain will have to manufacture new fluid to replace what she's lost. How long would that take? I hope not too long...I'm so tired of the hospital.

And I think Monkeyman is getting angry at me. I once read an article which explained that children do not understand why their mothers would "desert" them. So they show their displeasure and heartache by being mad at her. Shame, poor boy. Though, somehow I do think it may be doing him just a little bit good as well. To realise it's not only mommy that can wipe your bum or bath you or prepare your porridge for you. That it tastes just as well if grandma does it and that it's just as good if daddy soothes you when you wake at night. I think it may teach Monkeyman some much needed independance from me.

So Boeboe is doing very well. She walks around just fine. She's in no pain at the moment - had medication 5 hours ago. She's getting bored in her bed, and no nausea anymore. If only the headaches would stop, I'm pretty sure she'll be released. But the moment she stands up to go to the bathroom or take a stroll, the headache starts and she climbs right back into bed.

Now, for some really positive news...:-) Boeboe has been walking around for 48 hours. In that 48 hours, she had one accident. She did call me but I was taking too long. Since then, for 36 hours...NO accidents! Even nr 2 is in the toilet! And dry nappies for 2 nights in a row now. Is that even POSSIBLE???? I'm absolutely stunned, amazed, hopeful and soooooo scared that it's not gonna last. We've had so many, many dissapointments. I don't think I can live through such a huge one. Not this time.

So I asked the doctor...if the operation was basically a failure because he was unable to cut the filum, why would she have such major improvements in such a short space of time then? He said that maybe the filum WAS tethered to a tiny bit of the dura, and with cutting it open it did come loose. You never know! We'll have to see and be positive. But he says it does sounds good.

So...being cautiously optimistic here, and praying VERY hard!

Now...I know that some of you would immediately think...isn't it just psychological? Maybe, who knows? But believe me, we've been through some procedures where we ASSURED her that THIS IS IT. THIS is going to stop the accidents. And then...without fail up to this point, the procedure, medication, etc. would fail. So no, in my opinion, the current improvements ain't all psychological. Because then it would've happened with one of those procedures/medications as well, wouldn't it? At least for a while. But it usually failed quite spectacularly, quite early on in the game.

I'll probably give another update tonight, since all I have to keep me busy here at the hospital, is my book and my laptop, LOL. And uno cards that I play with Boeboe.

No comments:

Post a Comment