Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 5

And another eventful day. Will our lives ever be calm and peaceful again? LOL, I can't wait!

It started off with the doctor visiting extremely early (6:30am) already. Declared his satisfaction with Boeboe's recovery. But that he needs her to stay 1 more day. Tomorrow he wants to check her wound.

Half an hour later Boeboe said her head hurts. We stood up to take her to the bathroom, and she complained that the headache is worse. About 30 minutes later, she vomitted. Violently. We cleaned her and the bedding, and she was fine for almost 2 hours. Though, she refused to eat. She did drink a bit though. She just lied down horizontally, because she kept on complaining about her head.

Then she started throwing up again. After 2 hours and too many bedding and pajama changes, I asked the sister to please call the doctor. He prescribed something over the phone, which the sister wanted to give via an IV line! I flatout refused, and said it will be too traumatic for Boeboe, and "in any case I don't think you're going to be able to pin her down to get it in", hahahaha. Sorry, but I just thought how silly of them to want to put a drip into a child's already blue hand just for some medication??? So they changed it to a melt-under-the-tongue tablet, and it worked beautifully! She stopped vomitting, and even drank a few sips of tea during the afternoon.

I went home around noon, while my parent in laws sat with Boeboe in hospital. Monkeyman was soooo happy to have me home. We then fetched Mr N, and he was also really happy to see me. I spoiled them with McD's, and we sat eating together, just chatting about everything and anything. Then I did Boeboe's washing, took a bath and packed my clothes again. Wrote out directions for the in-laws to take Mr N to his recording practice after school tomorrow.

By that time it was 5 in the afternoon again, so off I went. Hubby already relieved his parents at hospital, so they looked after Mr N and Monkeyman at home, waiting for hubby to come home for dinner. When I got to the hospital, the peadiatric neurologist has been here already and did his evaluation with Boeboe. I'll do another post in a few days time about that. Suffice to say that I'm (again) mad as hell at this man. Pardon my french, but there's no soft way to say it. He basically, again, said that Boeboe's still lying. Like he thought 15 months ago. After the bloody darn difficult year we had, and the amount of function she has lost, he actually still think she's lying. I simply cannot even wrap my head around his thinking. This is the same little girl that told me things like the following during our 3-week holiday last month:
"Mommy, I wish I didn't have this problem in my back"
"Mommy, I wish I was like other little girls"
"Mommy, I wish I didn't need to wear the swimmers nappy underneath my costume" (She was highly embarresed by this).

I won't go into more detail about the neurologist visit now. I know you're all curious, so I'm really sorry. But I'm just so tired and it's late and I had a looooong day. I will get to it hopefully in the next few days.

Boeboe went to the bathroom ALL day long!!!!! Well, only about 3 or 4 times (she's dehydrated from the vomitting). But still...a dry nappy now for 24 hours!! Whoohoo!!!

She had a relaxing evening, just kept on complaining about her headache. Got some morphine around 8pm, complained about being nauseous but didn't throw up. And now she's sleeping soundly next to me (I'm on the lazyboy, tapping away on the laptop, LOL). So hopefully, if all goes well, tomorrow she will be released!!! I'd be so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment