Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 4

What an eventful day!!! My hubby stayed over with Boeboe in hospital yesterday night, so I went home with the boys. I slept in a bit this morning and then first settled the boys with breakfast and with the in-laws at home, before I came to the hospital. So I missed the neurosurgeon and pead's visits. But, hubby says they're both happy with Boeboe's recovery and neither one knew what's causing the rash. It hasn't dissapeared, but also hasn't gotten worse. Still on the back and chest and stomach areas. Still light.

Boeboe's pressure sores have started to heal!! Yay! I was so happy to see that. Her back and bum is still very red of sitting/lying all day, but it's looking much better than yesterday. Her foot is also fine today!!! The pain in her leg and foot is gone, and she was/is able to move her ankle upwards!!! I was soooo relieved when I saw that. My guess would be that the nerves got "injured" during the operation, probably just didn't like to be moved out of the way, LOL. And that caused the pain in her leg, and the inability to move the ankle. So once it had time to recover, she got function back and the pain dissapeared.

I gave her a good wash this morning, put clean pajamas on her, and demanded some painmeds for her (which they shockingly haven't given her for 14 hours!!! Their excuse was - she looked happy and didn't complain. HUH???). Around lunchtime, me and my sister helped her off the bed. I was quite surprised that Boebe was, though reluctantly, willing to try. She was shaking like a leaf, and her legs were a bit weak in the beginning, but once she was able to stand on her own, she loved it! Didn't want to sit down again. Just stood and stood and stood. Then, demanded that she wants to walk. So I allowed her to walk out of the room to the corridor and back in. Yay!!! She still refused the bed, so I let her sit on a chair while they changed her bedding. Then she got a blinding headache, so back into bed she went happily. Got some painmeds and after an hour's rest she looked so much better. When her grandparents, father and brothers came to visit, she gave them a show of her walking again! She wanted to do more, but after the headache of earlier, I decided not to push it too far again. Then, about 2 hours after that, the nurse asked if we should change her nappy, so I felt it and it was dry. Boeboe then said she needed to wee! And that she wants to go to the toilet!!! I was almost in tears. Helped her off and she went to the toilet! Double Yay!!! I know, I shouldn't put too much into the gesture, but gosh, I so much wants to believe it's the first of some improvement! Even though my logical, scientific mind knows there won't be any improvement. I just can't help but hope against all odds. And believe in miracles!

Tomorrow morning the neurosurgeon is getting the neurologist to come speak to us. If he can get it organised in time, I guess we could be going home thereafter! Else, if it's only happening Tuesday, we'll have to stay another 2 nights. Gosh, I'd be soooo happy to be home again with ALL three my children. Though, the in-laws are really looking sooooo well after the boys. They don't lack anything, and gets spoiled rotten with love, attention and great food. And they bring the boys to visit every day, which means the world to me, Boeboe and both boys. Monkeyman's face just lights up when he sees his beloved sister. He doesn't even mind me much, just have eyes for her. It's so precious to see.

So, today it's all good news! Only "bad" thing today is that she threw some spectacular tantrums, and had quite a few crying fits. For absolutely no reason at all (well, in our opinion it's no reason to cry!). But I guess it's normal. She's tired, had a very taxing day and she wishes she could be home with her brothers. Hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment