Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This is it!

This is it, Boeboe is in hospital. She's very chatty...:-) Probably her way of dealing with it all. But, so far so good. She's fine and doing well. Eating (between chatting) her dinner now. Bland chicken, rice, pumpkin and sauce. Eeeuuww. We'll get her a toasted sarmie later tonight. At least she enjoyed the rice, and now the jelly of course. And the milkshake!

Tomorrow morning a child is getting a VP shunt before her on the theatre list, so Boeboe will only be operated on around 11am. It'll take between 2 and 4 hours, the nsg (neurosurgeon) said. I'll update later during the afternoon, once we know she's okay.

I can't believe this is it. We're here, the end of the road in our sights. The nsg was quite surprised at how much function she has lost. Like the feeling on her bum. And the fact that she gets pins&needles daily now, on her feet. Especially the left foot.

So hubby is going home now for a few hours, then he's coming back later so that I can go home for the evening. He's sleeping over with Boeboe tonight, while she won't need me that much. I'll sleep over once she's in pain and may need me. Fortunately, there's a lovely lazyboy next to Boeboe's bed. And they provide a pillow and blankets. Boeboe's bed is beautiful. Character-prints on the curtains, bedding, and even stickers on the bed. It looks lovely. I feel quite happy with her here. So far the nurses and sisters were very friendly and helpful.

So many people has phoned and sent sms'e, I feel so humbled. It's amazing how much people care for my daughter. There's so many people that pray for her. Bible study groups, friends, family, people all over the world. It gives me peace...with so many prayers, everything will go well tomorrow...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment