Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Monkeyman's birth IV

I was pretty sure the antibiotics helped, but didn't completely resolved the kidney infection. Such a pity. On Monday, I turned 37 weeks, and went to see the dr for a check-up. Baby's stress test looked better, but she sent the urine away for analysis. Like I thought, I wasn't rid of the infection.

On Monday night, precisely 8pm, I got the first contraction. Sharp, strong and pressing the air out of me. I immediately knew it was labour. It was just too strong, too different from normal braxton hicks. I said nothing, since the kids wasn't in bed yet. At 8:30, I had another, and at 9pm another. So it was 30 minutes apart. I told hubby to go to bed, that I'll wake him if anything more happens. I sat in bed reading, timing the contractions. At midnight I tried to sleep, but couldn't. Around 2am that morning, with contractions still only 30 minutes apart, I went to take a bath. It calmed me enough to make me able to fall asleep thereafter. I woke at 6am with contractions coming every 20 minutes. I timed it, but at 8am it went haywire! Suddenly it was every 10 minutes, then every 40 minutes then 20 minutes. I threw my breakfast back up into the loo. Ag, the joys of being in labour...hahaha. I phoned the gynae's office once they opened and the receptionist told me to come in with the next contraction. Which, of course didn't happen! So weird. I still felt “off” though. So at lunchtime the gynae phoned to ask how I am, and told me to come in. It was Mr N's birthday. He had a ball at school. We sent him little packets along to hand out to his friends. Around 2pm his best friend would've visited (with his mom, my friend). So I waited for them, and asked my friend if she'll take me to the gynae. I was again having contractions and feeling super nauseous, so I didn't want to drive myself. So off we went with 4 children in the car. Gynae put me on the monitor and said yes, I'm in labour, but it's still early days. I asked her if it can be stopped, and she said yes, most likely. So she gave me some pills. I was just too scared to have my baby at 37 weeks again. Too scared that his lungs too, would not be ready yet, just like Boeboe's. The gynae thought I was going to go into full-blown labour soon, and that the pills would then not work. But she understood my fear, and besides, it was Mr N's birthday! I wanted them to have unique birthday dates, not share it.

So, back home we went, where my friend visited for another hour or so before heading home. Me and hubby took Mr N and Boeboe off to Spur, to celebrate his birthday. It was difficult, timing the contraction so that I could take a little pill to stop it as necessary, but still be happy and excited for my eldest son. Trying to enjoy dinner all the while being in labour. It's actually funny, thinking back now...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment