Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monkeyman's birth II

Nothing! I was so certain that I'm pregnant, how could there be nothing? Just nothing. The seconds ticked on, the minutes went by. Still nothing. It can't be? I was so sure! And then...yes, I was pregnant! The second line appeared. After 3 and a half minutes of agonising wait. Of doubting myself.

I had this contentedness in me. A feeling of peace, happiness and calmness. I immediately knew that everything was going to be just perfect with this pregnancy and baby. I dreamed how he's going to look. He had light, straight hair. A sharp, finely sculptured little face, but very much a "boy's" face. His face wasn't too thin, nor fat. He had a small, straight little mouth with thickish, soft little lips. Red cheeks, wide but thin forehead. A small, thinnish and short little body. He had a happy, naughty little face. A finely intuitive child, with a good sense of humour, and one that wouldn't ever harm anyone else. He was especially in tuned to me and his dad. As if he needed our blessing constantly. He was smiling. A happy, naughty little smile that pulled the soft cheeks upwards.

I was very sure it's a boy. Everything in me knew it's a boy. When I thought of boy names, of blue and green, everything just felt right. When I thought of girl names or pink and softness, I felt nauseous and just knew it was wrong.

We told the children, Mr N and Boeboe. She was only 3, he 6. She just wanted to hold the baby, he understood that it's going to be a long wait. Until he's 7 already.

The first weeks of pregnancy flew by in a haze of nausea and tiredness. I went for a sonar at 7 weeks and we were able to see the little heart beating. At 12 weeks, the gynae did another sonar and told us chances of a down syndrome baby is pretty small. I was relieved. She also determined that the placenta attached to the upper part of the uterus, so we wouldn't have any of the worries we've gone through with the other two with a low-lying placenta. I was very happy about that!

The pregnancy progressed so smoothly. Without any problems or worries. No bleeding, no bed rest, no UTI's, no antibiotics. It was absolutely wonderful. At 13 weeks, I was put on baby aspirin. I had to take a quarter of a disprin everyday, to keep my blood thin and the placenta healthy. It worked beautifully! The placenta grew and the baby grew. The only funny thing, was that the aspirin gave me headaches! Get this...headache pills taken when NOT having a headache, GIVES a headache. Hahahaha. Well, the gynae switched me to ecotrin, another aspirin therapy. It works even better, and no more headaches!

The following weeks went by smoothly. There was just no worries. No UTI's, no contractions, baby grew, I picked up weight, placenta didn't give any problems, baby moved happily. Everything went so smoothly that I couldn't help but just be happy and contend. Except for Boeboe's accidents which just kept on progressing, everything was going well with all my children.

We went forth with the planning of enlarging our home. We got the architect and drew the plans before I even confirmed I'm pregnant. Then the municipality took a whole 3 and a half months to give the go-ahead. We found a builder, paid him the first instalments and he started building just before Christmas.
Building material


Building window-height
Even baby's position was just perfect. Not underneath my ribs like Mr N, and not down low in the pelvis like Boeboe. Both caused severe uncomfortableness. This baby is just there. Happily sleeping a lot, kicking enough but not hurting me and hiccuping just as much as his brother did. Everything was just perfect!
I had such a good feeling about this baby. I'm so happy and contend when I think about him. I know that we as a family needed him, and that he was going to be the middle of our family. The spill around which we're going to turn. I had such a good connection with him already. I knew that he knew me, as I was aware of him. There was such a strong, calm flow of love between us. I just knew that he's going to be a good influence on all of us. Without any upsets.

I kept on commenting on how well it was going with the pregnancy, but it was true and it just amazed me. Some people told me that it was my turn. But I didn't believe that, because then it would've meant it was someone else's turn to have a complicated pregnancy, and I simply couldn't wish that on anyone. So I just enjoyed every minute of having an uncomplicated pregnancy.

Though, even when I know everything was going well, I had this nagging feeling in me that baby was, yet again, going to come early. But it wasn't a fear in me. More like a fact, but not one that scared me. So, even though I believed that he was going to come early, I didn't think he's going to be in trouble, like his sister was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment