Saturday, May 1, 2010

Monkeyman's birth I

During March 2007, me and hubby set the ball rolling to enlarge our house. We've always wanted to do it, and it seemed like the perfect time. We were living in a 3-bedroomed house which was open planned with 1 living room and dining room. We loved our house, but it being open planned with 2 children running, laughing, playing all the time around our feet was getting too much. And every time someone came to stay over, we had to move the kids around out of their rooms. So we wanted a spare bedroom and another sitting room which could be closed off to the sound and noise the kids make. Especially when we have guests.

Boeboe and Mr N standing on the foundations of the new rooms
 A month later, my hubby caught me off guard one day. He said we could try for a 3rd baby. I was astonished, and happy beyond belief. As a 5-year old girl, I told my mom that I would love to have 5 children. I was one of 4, but for some reason, I wanted one more than that. If I had my choice, I wanted 3 girls and 2 boys. This yearning to have 5 children stuck with me to this day. Unfortunately, my hubby only wanted 2 children. So when he said we could have a 3rd, I was the happiest woman alive.

On 12th June, at 14:00 the afternoon, I sat at the computer, and suddenly had the strangest, strongest feeling ever. I knew without a doubt, that at that moment, conception just took place. I have no idea why/how I felt that. I just knew it. I was as certain of it as I've been of anything ever. Of course about 10 minutes later I started to doubt myself, wondering why on earth I would've felt that and how silly can one be? I mean, who can know exactly the moment they fell pregnant? I've never even thought it remotely possible. But there I sat, certain that I just became pregnant. I wanted to phone my husband. But what would I tell him? He would most likely laugh at me! Nobody would believe me. It's not possible, is it? I know that I'm more finely in tuned to my body than most people and I've always knew when something was up. And I've been more aware of things during my pregnancies before that I also didn't thought possible. Like knowing how the baby will look, and what gender it was. But that? To know exactly the moment that the waiting sperm entered the tiny, freshly released egg and started the most miraculous process? Who would believe me? Nobody. Even though I knew that I ovulated the night before (I'm always in pain so I know exactly when it's happening), barely 12 hours earlier.

Well, precisely 6 days later, symptoms started. I dreamed the strangest dreams. Weird, stressful dreams. Which mostly included my late mother as well. Just like with Boeboe's pregnancy 5 years before. The next day, 7 days after I believe conception took place, I started with a yoghurt aversion. Just the thought of it made me nauseous. The next day the extreme lethargy, tiredness and low blood pressure started. On day 10, hubby asked me if I was pregnant, when I complained of being nauseous. I told him yes, I might be. I didn't tell him, yes, I'm certain, I've known for 10 days already! I was still doubting myself and that weird feeling of certainty I had. I wasn't even pregnant for 2 weeks (or like the doctors measure it, for not even 4 weeks yet).

Thirteen days after conception, I became very irritated with everyone around me. At fifteen days , the linea nigra appeared!!! I was astonished and nearly jumped through the roof. More than anything else, this was a huge positive sign of pregnancy! I was barely pregnant for 2 weeks! WOW. The linea nigra is the brown line that appears on a pregnant woman's stomach when the stomach muscles starts to pull away because of stretching. Usually from the navel down, and sometimes also upwards. I couldn't believe what I saw. So the next morning I did a pregnancy test and....

No comments:

Post a Comment