Monday, January 10, 2011

A GOOD day!

Before the holidays, I phoned the urologist's office to tell them of the neurosurgeon's diagnoses (of an occult tethered cord) and to ask if the urologist think we should continue with the botox (scheduled for 22 January) or not. They only came back to me today, to let me know that the urologist says no, we must cancel the botox! (Yay!!!) I'm very relieved! I was dreading the whole botox thing, since it is such a schlep. We have to ask the in-laws over to help (which they are more than willing of course, bless them) so that we can leave 2 sleeping boys in their care while we're off into the city (about 40 minutes drive) at 5:00am. By 7:30 she would've gone to theatre, since it's done under general anaesthesia. Out of sympathy for our fasting daughter, neither me nor her daddy usually eat or drink anything. Which, given my low blood sugar problem, is just terrible for me. I get all confused, jittery, anxious, feeling ill. Put the stress of your daughter under anaesthesia while feeling like that, and it's a bad combination. So, I'm very relieved we're postponing indefinitely! Hoping that we'll never need it again, but knowing that realistically we're just postponing for a few months. I'm very good with rather postponing the inevitable, than facing it head-on.

Second good thing of today...As you can see, I made smileys work in my blog!  :))   =D>

I feel so good about it! It's the one thing of work that I really miss. Feeling that rush of satisfaction when you figured something out while programming. I miss that.

So, I'm really happy today. :)  I know, it seems like something simple. But I've gotten used to having emoticons convey my feelings over, more than words can do. I participate in a parenting forum where I'm a very active member (hmm...something tells me that's THE understatement of the year :p )  In this forum, we regularly use emoticons, so since moving the blog over to blogger, I missed being able to use smiley emoticons in my posts. Well, after a little google, a little programming (REALLY little...hahaha...it only consisted out of copy and paste!) I can now use emoticons in my posts. I'm not sure if this will work on all browsers and platforms though. So let me know if anyone has a problem with them?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ess
    So bly vir julle part
    Sterkte vriendin
    Janita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankie Janita! Sterkte met skool more! Hoe was vandag vir jul oudste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sy is so trots om in die groot skool te wees. Gister het dit vir vandag makliker gemaak. Sy het gewys hoe om te loop om by haar klas uit te kom. Heelwat van haar maatjies van ou kinderland is in haar klas. Patrick is ook in haar klas. Vanoggend het goed verloop, ma se hartjie was maar seer.... Hoe het dit gegaan met jou kinders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ag moeder! Bly sy is trots en okay in groot skool. Dis gewoonlik mos maar erger vir die Mammas! Mens kan nie glo hul word so vinnig groot nie.
    My kids was ook okay. Oulike juffrouens gekry. Hulle was albei bly om terug te wees, en Boeboe het dadelik met haar beste maatjie weer gespeel. So ek's heel tevrede. Was maar op my senuwees vir hul part...:) Duidelik onnodig!

    ReplyDelete