Wednesday, December 3, 2014

So tired, but good news!!

We spent the whole day at hospital. Not my kind of fun day! :-(  We waited an hour for the dr, only to be told we need to get an MRI of a full back spine for Boeboe. Once there, they sent us away until 3pm. That gave us 1.5 hours of waiting. I first had to drop my husband off at work, which left me with very little time to go home and back again. So we stayed at his work, eating a toasted sandwich and whiling away half an hour, while he worked.

The MRI took just under an hour, and I was unable to go in with Boeboe, as I had to stay outside with Peanut. But she was a trooper! She found it boring, and was quite dizzy when she got out, but she did fine!! Afterwards, we waited for almost an hour for the report, just to be told we need to go back for another MRI. :-( They wanted to get the upper back in another view. Urgh. That was awful. But, again, she was an absolute star!

After the 2nd MRI, which took another 20 min, we had to wait AGAIN for the report. By this time, it was 17:30 and we had been there for almost 6 hours. With a busy 2-year old in tow! Gosh, what a difficult, tiring, awful day. Once we had the results, we were supposed to go back to the doctor, but he was already gone by then. :-( So we don't really know for sure, but what we read from the report, she's just fine!!!! Yay!!!!! I'm so so so relieved. I just simply can't imagine going through the whole detethering again. On the other hand, I'm a bit stumped, because that means she's loosing function for no reason?! I just hope she gains it back like the urologist seems to think. :-(

In any case, for now, I'm just deadtired and want to revel in the fact that there's no sign of retethering. Yay! Yay! Yay!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment