Monday, February 21, 2011

Two days and counting....

We have an appointment with the neurosurgeon on Wednesday. So 2 more sleeps... I'm slowly getting nervous about it. What if he decided (or was convinced by the older neurosurgeon) to not go forward with the surgery?

Not that getting a surgery date would make me feel any better, or less nervous! I'm still in fighting mode, concentrating on the fact that I have to get help for my daughter. But I'm sure that once I've "won" the fight, the nerves will most certainly set in about the surgery itself. It doesn't help to watch shows like Grey's Anatomy where a young, healthy woman died after surgery. She just didn't wake up from the anaesthesia! This is my little girl we're talking about...:( A young, sweet, loving, beautiful, very much loved child.

And not only does the surgery scare me, but the recovery! She's already sad because she can't play netball. But what's the use? There's about 3 weeks left of term and if we get a surgery date early 2nd term, she certainly won't be able to play netball for weeks and weeks.

Also scaring me, is the pain and how I'm going to handle it with her. Who can bare to watch their children be in pain? And especially a sensitive place like the back. Just the thought of an epidural/spinal is enough to make me nauseous. It was just so very much painful to me. How would it be to be cut open on the back? What if she also finds it too painful?

I'm trying not to think about these things too much, just yet. For now, again, I'm concentrating on fighting to get her fixed. A fight I should've done a year ago already. So much function was lost in the past year. It's really saddening.

At least, for now, it's going well with Boeboe. She's doing sooooo well with homework these days, I just want to jump up and down in joy. It's been such a long, hard road to get her to this point. Where homework takes us about 45 minutes or up to an hour (and not 2 hours!). Just in time for me to concentrate on Mr N's studies. Oh, and has that paid off!!! I'm sooooo happy and proud of him!! He got 3 tests back, for which he got A's. For all 3! I'm super pleased with him, and that we worked so hard. He was so proud of himself. Worth every minute I helped him with his studies. Now, just 6 more subjects to go....*groan*

It's also going well with Monkeyman. He's just looking forward to school again tomorrow. I hope his little friend would be able to go tomorrow. He was unable for the past 2 Tuesdays, and Monkeyman has missed him.

So that's our little Monday-night update. It's going to be a very eventful week, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment