Thursday, December 30, 2010

Musing...

I was looking at old baby pics of Boeboe today (taking pics so that I have them digitally to post on here, they're all on films from those days!). And 2 pics stood out for me. Both was taken of her feet, from the bottom. The one a few days after birth, the other around age 1. And both times, both feet was FLAT. Though, the one of age 1 was a little, teensy tiny bit more arched than the one at birth. But stil...FLAT. I think, as soon as Boeboe's back, I'm going to take a pic of her feet at the moment. I'm sure it would clarify to anyone who still wondered if he feet is really arched or not. I know, all babies feet start out flat and then get their arch later on. But this...it's such a huge difference from that pics until how it looks today.

Even her grandparents looked at her feet a few days ago, exclaiming how abnormal they looked. Her feet was dirty, and the dirt didn't come close to the inside arches. Those parts were as clean as after her bath. I think when I saw that baby feet photo today, I realised...this really is neurogenic. And it really is progressive. I'm not making it up, or imagining things. It is nice to get little confirmations like this, to squash the lingering doubts if we're doing the right thing...going for this surgery.

It also makes me feel a tiny bit better about something that's been bothering me for ages. Around age 4, I got impatient with Boeboe, because every time we'd take a walk, she wouldn't walk in a straight line. She'd keep bumping into me, or turning in front of me so that I'd trip over her. It riled me! Age 5, precisely 2 years ago, the in-laws were here for Christmas and we took a stroll to look at all the lights. FIL (father in law) was walking behind me and Boeboe, and I was shouting at her to walk in a straight line and stop bumping into me (she was walking next to me, pushing her little doll in a stroller).

FIL called me to him, while Boeboe walked next to her daddy. And FIL showed me the problem. Boeboe was walking with her toes pointing inwards, which caused her to walk skewed. She couldn't walk in a straight line! I was heavily upset. Mostly because I never noticed it! How could I have missed this?

Well, that's where our journey to the pead started, who referred us to a bio-kineticist, who immediately told us there's some major problems and referred us to an orthopediac surgeon. He just kept a close watch on it all and said it's still okay.

Well, now I feel so much better. If her high arches wasn't there from birth, but appeared around age 5, then maybe her toe-in wasn't there either, and I didn't miss it! It appeared later! It all makes sense, and it makes me feel quite relieved, and so much better. Silly, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment