Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Three months!!

Ah, life with a newborn. Beautiful, joyous, difficult, wondrous, challenging, fun, busy, exciting, time-consuming.......sure you catch my drift! I'm having the time of my life, but it does leave me with little time to myself. Our babygirl is turning 3 months this week. It's going very well with her. She's growing beautifully, picking up weight like a champ and has little to no upsets. She'll give me a difficult time once a week for an hour or two, and the rest of the time she's sleeping, drinking, playing, staring around her and smiling. Too adorable.

It's also going well in the rest of the household. Mr N just goes his usual quiet way. Monkeyman (and me!) has had a cold, but fortunately none of the rest. Monkeyman also had stiffness and pain in his neck, which made me wonder a bit about viral meningitis. I read that symptoms is similar to a cold, and can easily be mistaken for just that. A number of people probably never even knew they had meningitis! I did ask the nurse to look at him, but he was already on the upturn again, and still had painmeds in him. So obviously she couldn't find much fault, LOL. She just told me to keep an eye on him but she wasn't worried.

Poor peanut had her 2nd set of vaccinations. She takes it well, especially with the Emla I put on to numb the area. Today the one injection site is a hard, red lump though. :-( Makes me sad to put her through it all. She's still so little!!

Boeboe is doing well. Naughty and throwing tantrums like the queen bee. Her newest thing is stamping her foot when she doesn't like what I have to say. Gosh, it drives me up the walls!! I'm starting to wonder if she's ever going to completely stop with tantrums? Who still throws tantrums at 9 years old?!?!

Shame, the poor thing fell on her scar a few days ago. On the windowsill! Next to her bed. Which makes me suspect jumping on the bed! Which she knows she's not allowed to do. But ya, that's Boeboe for you! We took her to the neurosurgeon a week ago for her check-up. He was very happy with how she's healing and the improvements she has. He wants to send her for another MRI in 2 years time, just to make sure she doesn't retether during the growth spurts girls have at that time. I also asked him about my baby that has a very very slight crooked butt. Unfortunately he seemed a bit clueless on that. No help at all. :-( It's frustrating at times to live in such a small country!! No previous experience from the neurosurgeon that I can draw on. I still don't know what to do or think about my baby. I think believing everything is fine is probably the best at this point. Just enjoying her and not worry that we'll be the extremely unlucky family to have TWO children with tethered cord. Because even though there's a genetic link, I think it is very rare for that to happen. Her chance to get epilepsy like her older brother is probably more likely than the tethered cord!!

Oh, that reminds me...Mr N is off his medication!!!!!! First time in 6 long long years. Longer on the meds than he was ever off them in his life. So far, so good. No seizures that we've noticed. His motion sickness (linked to seizures) is a bit worse though. And he does get the odd headache which we had to look out for. Unfortunately. But, it's still looking good I think. Let's hold thumbs! We see the neurologist again in about 6 months time and will then see if his EEG is clear.

So here's a few pics of the kids and me.







She begged for short hair, so I finally caved and cut it in a bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment