Monday, July 11, 2011

Home alone...:-(

I felt guilty after my last post, LOL. It was just me me me me me. All about how I feel about everything. That wasn't fair. It's my daughter it's happening to. How I feel about it, should not matter that much.

So how does she feel about it? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. Something weird happened a few weeks ago. We spoke about the time before the operation, and Boeboe couldn't remember what I was talking about. She couldn't remember having accidents daily, and why she needed the operation. I was flabbergasted and extremely concerned, so I queried the psychologist. She too didn't understand why that was the case. She said maybe Boeboe has really worked through all her issues already, and put it not only behind her, but blocked it off/out. She's done with that part.

I don't know hey. Still sounds strange to me. But, my daughter always had trouble remembering detail. So maybe it's just the way her brain is wired. Sooooo different from Mr N, who is able to remember minute detail of things from when he was age 3 and 4. Boeboe can't even remember something SO HUGE happening to her when she was 7!!!

Well, she couldn't remember it THAT day. When I asked her about it a few weeks later again, she remembered the operation, why it was done, and when I asked her if it worked, she smiled a big, beautiful smile and said yes!

Anyway, so she's handling it all well, I guess. She's over any and all trauma. She hates the meds she gets, and she hates the constipation. Apart from that, she's really doing well. Happily playing with her brothers now that it's holiday. She's having a blast, and she's really really being such a sweetheart. All the upsets and tantrums before end of term has all completely disappeared. I'm 100% sure the term was just too long and too difficult for her. Now that she's rested, she's fine! Just being an adorable, sweet, calm little girl...:) Love it!

So their grandmother called the weekend (Saturday) and asked if they can have the two oldest kids for the last week of the holiday. I first said no, since we had a busy week planned, but then after saying goodbye, I felt guilty. The in-laws rarely ask for the kids. Maybe once or twice a year. So I asked the kids how they feel, and all THREE exclaimed they wanna go!!! Even my baby...:-( Well, he's almost 3.5 years old, so no baby anymore really, though he'll always be my baby!

So we phoned the in-laws and asked if they want to have all three! I just couldn't tell Monkeyman he has to stay while the other two go. He loves his granny and grandfather, and he would be soooooo lonely without Mr N and Boeboe. He's played and played with them so much this holiday. From the moment he wakes, until he goes to bed, he was with one or both of them. Even when he got tired, he'd grab his pillow and blanket and bottle, and drop down next to wherever they were playing. Then he'd lie with them, watching how they continue the game they were all playing. Once he rested, about 15-30 minutes, he'd join them again.

So to tell him they're going and he's staying...it would've broken his heart. So against my own selfish wishes, I agreed to send all three. We dropped them with the in-laws today, and they'll bring them back after 3 nights on Wednesday. They wanted to come and visit with us next weekend in any case, so now they're just coming a few days earlier.

I'm sure they're all going to have a lovely time. Monkeyman was so excited to stay there, and he was adamant that he wanted to. He hugged us easily, and waved us goodbye with a big smile on his face. So I'm not too worried about him. Though, of course I'll miss him something terrible! Just like we miss the other two when they're not home. Neither me nor hubby likes it when the children aren't home. We don't like sending them away. We don't want time alone, or time to/for ourselves. We get enough of that every night when the kids go to bed at 8pm. We like having our kids with us. It's lonely and quiet without them.

So here's some pics taken during the first 2 weeks of the holiday at home:


My three little monkeys

Since we lowered the slide a bit, he's having so much fun on it

Just look at what Boeboe's doing! Jumping off the climbing frame, not even 3 months after a huge backoperation!!! Just amazing how their little bodies just recuperate and heal.

Even if we're all playing outside, when Monkeyman gets tired (every hour or so), he'll go grab his pillow, blankie and bottle, and lie down whereever Boeboe and Mr N are.

My little tree fairy! We bought and planted this tree before her birth, and it's only now possible to start climbing it.

The house was too silent, so I went in search of the kids. Found them outside, where they were holding a little picnic with naartjies, joghurt and juice. LOL, they're just so inventive and cute. Love it when they entertain themselves like this!

Look ma, no teeth! Monkeyman broke his front tooth (and swollowed it!). Poor poor little boy. We're waiting to see the dentist in a few weeks time. Hope they can help him!

Having fun with his version of Ben10's omnitrix

Just look at that cute little face

Having such a blast!

Monkeyman got a bubble "gun". They had so much fun with it!

Gotcha! Catching bubbles...

My beautiful Boeboe. Eating tomato sauce, lol.

Loved playing with the bubbles

Close-up of the healed wound almost 3 months post-op. You can clearly see the "hairy patch" that used to concern me, though most doctors said it's nothing. Clearly, it wasn't nothing!

It looks really, really good. Can't believe it's been almost 3 months already!



No comments:

Post a Comment